“I know what to do, but sometimes I don’t do it.”
“When I’m stressed or tired, I slip back into old habits.”
“I don’t make it a priority.”
The truth is, there are barriers that keep people from taking consistent, daily action towards their weight loss goals. A big reason is because they haven’t learned to start well.
Can you relate to any of these?
- Repeating the cycle: You fall back on what you’ve done in the past. But rather than learning from the past – what went well, what didn’t, and MOST importantly, why – you simply repeat it without a critical look at those previous attempts.
- Focusing on failures: Instead of repeating the cycle, you ruminate on all the times that didn’t work. Your future weight loss efforts are half-hearted at best.
- In a hurry: You want it yesterday! No time for preparation, goal setting, strategizing. Just get it done. Without a solid foundation, your new behaviors don’t take hold.
- Lone ranger: You’re doing it on your own, with little, if any support. For example, you have great intentions to exercise but then your partner comes home with ice cream and suggests Netflix.
- “I didn’t have time to…”: Your schedule gets the better of you. Your good intentions are crowded out by competing priorities.
Any of these can stop you before you ever really start. And the more failure you experience, the harder it is to even want to start the next time. But you can change that.
If you have plans to make health and weight loss a priority in 2019, I encourage you to identify the barriers that keep you stuck and remove them – set a foundation of success before you start.
And if you’ve already started your 2019 plan, that’s okay. You’ll benefit from recognizing and removing these barriers. It’s not too late to do it right and set yourself up for a better result.
Need help with it? Then you’ll want to join my FREE 5-day challenge:
Reserve your spot and I’ll send you everything you need to get started. We begin Monday, January 21st, so register today.
Can’t wait to support you in breaking through your weight loss barriers!