I bet your “scam” radar just skyrocketed, but hear me out. Losing weight without trying isn’t that crazy.
I did it in 2019 by asking “What’s possible for my health and body this year? How can I take better care of myself?” Weight loss was a byproduct.
What’s possible for your weight and body in 2023?
Do NOT base your answer on your past. Your past only equals your future when you let it.
It’s hard to believe you can do something you haven’t done before. My clients always start out in some form of disbelief:
Jennifer K. felt like a “plump old lady”, hated exercise and ate when she was bored. Today, she’s 3 sizes down for 3 years and counting.
“I hate exercise and I love sugar,” said Chris C. who went from an XL to M, and now enjoys exercise and veggies, still leaving room for sweets 😊.
At 62, MIke V. couldn’t keep up with the outdoor sportsman lifestyle he loved. But after losing more than 40 lbs. he feels alive, “living the life I want.” At his last checkup, the doctor said they have nothing left to talk about! 😉
These clients didn’t use willpower. They changed what they believed was possible. One small step at a time.
I challenge you to do it, too. Ask and answer these three questions:
- What do I really want for my health and body?
- What do I think about my body and my ability to achieve my goal?
- What’s the most helpful thought I believe about my body and my capabilities?
#3 is key. Don’t keep repeating something that your brain thinks is B.S. Try something that feels less negative, more neutral:
- Exercise isn’t my favorite thing (instead of “I hate exercise”)
- My past doesn’t have to equal my future (Instead of “I’ve never been able to do it/keep it off before)
- Maybe my body can change (Instead of “this is just how it is”)
- I have a body (Instead of picking apart everything you don’t like about it)
- Sugar isn’t the only thing I like (instead of “I love sugar!”)
Start here. Don’t obsess about what you should and shouldn’t eat or push yourself to do exercise you hate. Losing weight without trying comes with consistent follow-through of healthy habits you genuinely enjoy. And that requires a rewire of your brain.
Decide that this is your year to have the health and body you want.
You don’t have to end up “back here” again. The actions are easy. You know what to do. Now manage your mind to get it done.
2 thoughts on “Have you tried losing weight without trying?”
From a size 16 pants to a size 10. Before I met Heather, I never thought I could loose that much weight and keep it off.
You’re amazing, Chris!!